Here we go...
Well I've been thinking about writing a blog for a while now, in fact I really wanted have something up and running for the new year. And here we go, already a few days late... not the best of starts. The fact that certain others have beaten me to the punch helped to finally get my ass into gear.
So what am I going to do here? Beats me. If all goes well I'll have a [nearly] daily accounting of what is going in my life. Real exciting, right? I'll try to keep it entertaining for all of you hard core web voyeurs out there. If I get really desperate, I could always post the somewhat stupid origin of the "beastard" name.
I hope this leads into something interesting for me, perhaps this will be a stepping stone in deciding what to finally do with beastard.com?
So what happened today? Not much out of the ordinary. Got up [late, I'm so lazy], went to work [I hate my commute], and did work for most of the day. What did I do besides work? Today I watched the middle third of the "Return of the King" extended edition DVD writer/director commentary. I find that listening to feature commentaries at work to be a good way to close out the day because if you've seen the movie enough, you don't really have to watch along, which helps to keep your illicit activity on the down low. I also find most of the information offered up in a commentary fairly interesting, they give some good insight of the effort that went into making the movie. [The best feature film commentaries by far can be found on any DVD of Kevin Smith's films.]
I was also very pleased to see some growth beginning to really sprout up on my chia-Homer at work. I bought this a few weeks ago while Christmas shopping so I'd have something green in my office at work, and also to make up for my one previous failed attempt at chia gardening way back in grade school [what a disaster!] Ideally, I would have liked to catalogue it's progress, not only so I could have some cool pictures for the blog but also for my own records, but as I work in a secured area cameras are not allowed. Maybe I can perch it in my office window and take a pic from the parking lot?
I haven't done much since getting home, and what I did do is pretty much part of my usual weekday routine. I'll go into that crap in a later post. Don't want to use all of material up in the first shot. And besides, I have to go clean up our living room before the woman gets home.
I'll be poking around with this blog for the next few days to see what it can [and cannot] do. If I find I don't like it's functionality, I may jump on over to LiveJournal, where Dan is hosting his blog. We'll have to see if the need to put smilies or post whatever song I may be listening to while posting overwhelms me. I'll also want to see how customizable the look and feel of the blog can be, which may not end up being a huge issue as I am not very talented when it comes to visual design. [I wanna be like Mike!] Speaking of Mike, maybe I can get him to craft some sort of visually interesting icon, something that says "beastard" while rendering a photo of me unrecognizable. I do not perceive myself to one of the most physically appeasing people. Or maybe I could get my bro to do it? That is what he's going to college for after all, and I did like something that he did for himself that I saw when I was in Buffalo a few weeks ago...
Sign off!

1 Comments:
awesome, something else to read at work. Now when my boss asks me why I'm not getting anything done I can tell him, "because I was reading about what Russ had for lunch." And he'll be like, "oh, was it good?"
Post a Comment
<< Home