Monday, July 25, 2005

2005-07-25

I get up just before 6 [I like to hear the Howard Stern show in its entirety, if possible], and eat some breakfast. Feeling rather lethargic, I climb back into bed when I'm done and then sleep until 7:30. During my extended siesta, I have a strange dream where I'm Terrell Owens' new manager/agent and I resolve his current contract issues. I only mention this because I usually have no dream recall whatsoever.

Awake for good, I jump in the shower, make my lunches for the week [buffalo turkey and provolone cheese wraps], check my e-mail, and get dressed. Before finally departing for work, I write a quick note to the FedEx guy instructing him to call me before not delivering Dan's stereo again and stick it on the door.

Tragedy strikes on the way to the car, just as I lean over to open the lobby door all of the soil spills out of Mr. Cactus Head's pot. I was going to bring him into work, but instead I bring him back up to the apartment.

Traffic isn't bad on the way to work until I hit the Blue Route, where it takes 1/2 hour to travel the first 5 miles. Traffic eases up again after that, and I make it into work at 9:20. I keep fairly busy at work, which is not uncommon lately. The time goes by quickly, but I’m still feeling kind funky from yesterday's drinking exercises and allergy attacks. I leave work around 5:40, and get home around 6:25 thanks to some light traffic.

Home, I prod at Shannon for a bit [not that way, you sickos] and head into the kitchen. Shannon left a mess from making cookies the other day, so I clean that up/load and start the dishwasher. After that, Shannon and I discuss some of our options for 'Save the Date' cards and wedding invitations.

Now it's time watch some PTI, during which I do prep work for and begin cooking dinner. Shannon mentions that her stomach’s not feeling too good, and runs into the bedroom when I bring out the raw chicken to cut it up. I bring her a ginger ale and go back to finish cooking. Shannon's sleeping when I’m finished, so I make myself a plate [chicken and broccoli stir fir and some rice] and eat while watching a retrospective of the Bills' 2004 season. Shannon wanders out from the bedroom just as I finish eating, looking upset that I ate without her. I explain that I didn't wake to wake her if she was sick, and ask her is wants some food. She declines, so I get her some Ritz crackers and more ginger ale.

I play some more Pikmin 2 while Shannon goes over the list of people we're inviting to the wedding. She eventually wanders off to the office/bedroom, and I continue to play. Once I'm done, I go into the kitchen, empty the dishwasher and clean up from my dinner making activities. I throw some ice cream on top of the cookies Shannon made and sit down to watch the RAW that has been recording. It's not a very good show this week, so midway through I sign into UltimateBet and play poker for a bit.

Once RAW is over, I head for bed where Shannon and I annoy each other for a bit before we fall asleep.

2 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Mr. Cactus Head; he still isn't over the shock. Have you found where I put him yet? He begged me not to let you touch him again.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger beastard said...

Yeah I found him... he's making the trip into work tomorrow [Thursday]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home