The great cake debate
So I wasted over an hour at work today reading this. Some really, really ridiculous, funny and stupid things being said in that particular forum, all of it going to prove the old adage:
Don't get me wrong, there's actually a few gems in there worth your time. But how an argument like that could have lasted for almost 8 months now... the mind boggles. Especially since everyone knows that the correct answer is: yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
In other news, after finally getting my the front end of my Jetta fixed up, I ran into a pothole last night that managed to bend up one of my rims, and now I'll have to spend at least $200 to replace that. God mocks me, he never wants me to be out of debt.
I finally wrapped up Knights of the Old Republic over the weekend. Playing as an evil Jedi was much more fun and provided for some interesting plot twists towards the end of the game. Overall a very enjoyable game, which I'd recommend to you if you haven't played it yet. Now I must decide what to play next. Scroll down a few posts to see what's in my game stash and vote on something, if you care to.
The Eagles were unable to defeat the Patriots for me last night, giving them their third Super Bowl win in four years. Bastards. I wouldn't mind so much if they weren't a division rival and if they weren't so damned good. At least we manage to sign all of their cast-offs like Drew Bledsoe and Lawyer Milloy. That's gotten the Bills somewhere, right? As for the reaction of folks here in Philadelphia it seems like a pretty mixed bag. Some are insisting the team get rid of coach Andy Reid and QB Donovan McNabb. I won't even get into how stupid those people are. Those idiots seems to forget that the Eagles are 2nd most successful team in the NFL over the past few years right behind the Patriots. The other half of the people around here are mildly happy that the team put up a good fight, they think the Eagles won some sort of moral victory. These people are also idiots. The game was the Eagles' to win. If not for mistakes [turnovers and extremely poor clock management at the end of the game] I believe they would have won the game. The Patriots didn't win that game last night, the Eagles lost it. In the end I guess if you want a job done right, you've got to do it yourself. Hopefully the Bills will take the first step in the right direction by nailing Bledsoe to the bench this off season.
Outside of working like a madman [when not reading arguments about cake, that is], finishing Knights of the Old Republic and watching the Super Bowl, I don't have much to report on since my last post. I did win some money playing poker this weekend, I wish I could be a little more consistent with that. Oh, and Shannon and I joined a Gold's Gym. It's been probably 2 years since I've worked out in earnest, and it shows. I'm probably in the worst shape of my life... I just feel fat. It's not a good feeling. Hopefully I'll stick to it and get healthy. It's been a blast so far. My first workout back, I blasted my arms and chest to the point where it hurt to soap up in the shower. There's some pleasant imagery for ya!
I leave you now with another random link, an odd British song about ducks that has something to do with comics legend Alan Moore. That creepy bastard!

1 Comments:
hey, you know what's even better than winning a gold medal at the Special Olympics?
Post a Comment
<< Home