Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Weekend Activity

Very quiet weekend. Slept Friday night.

Yay! On Saturday during the day I played Knights of the Old Republic while Shannon held a Partylite candle selling party in the apartment. Yay! Saturday night we accompanied another couple up to Philadelphia to go to a birthday party/outing for someone I had never met before in my life. I liked hanging out with Drew and Andrea, they're nice people, primarily Shannon's friends. It was also nice to get back to the city, as I hadn't been up in Philly for quite a while. We ended up at a bar, the Plough and the Stars I think it was called, which was alright. I was a little bummed because I couldn't muster the motivation to drink anything at all. The opportunity doesn't come around too often for me to get blitzed and not have to worry about driving, but I just didn't feel like drinking. I think it was either that: a) I feel extremely out of shape and fat these days or b) it costs an ungodly amount of money to drink enough to get drunk at a bar, especially in Philly. Oh well. It's certainly not the end of the world.

On Sunday we went to dinner to celebrate our friend Julan's graduation from Wilmington College. She'll be a teacher somewhere soon. We had a nice dinner someplace down just over the border in Maryland with her family and boyfriend. [Man, this post is just sounding all like 'Dear Diary!'] Anyhow, I was actually able to play poker on Sunday [instead of Friday] night. No one wanted to watch the wrasslin' PPV, even after I offered to pay for the whole thing. Boo. I ended up losing $30, which is about how much the PPV would have cost, so it all evens out, right? Plus I ended up downloading it and I'm now watching it as I type this. Efficient and free!

And that was my exciting weekend. I also found out that my friend Nick, who is getting married in March, had his bachelor festivities this weekend. The first I heard of it was when I was trying to find something to do Friday night only to discover that most of my buddies were in NYC. The guy who organized the whole thing says he sent me e-mails to some AOL e-mail address, but I don't know why he would have done that since I haven't had AOL since before I met the guy [it's been almost 10 years]. What really kind of cheeses me off is that he never bothered to pick up the phone and call when I didn't respond [or when the e-mail bounced, which I'm sure it must have]. That and the fact that none of my other scumbag 'friends' never bothered to ask me about it, though I guess I can't blame them since I haven't seen them in a few weeks. In the end, from what I gather, I missed a Knicks game, heavy drinking, and a trip to the infamous strip club Scores [of Howard Stern fame]. Would have been nice, but what are you going to do?

...

MURDER PEOPLE, that's what. ;-*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home