Weekday doldrums
Yeah yeah, no post yesterday. So sue me.
Not too much going on for me during the week. I usually have the 8 hour work day, and anywhere between 2 and 3 hours of commuting time on top of that every day. So when I get home, I make dinner and veg in assorted ways.
Wednesday night was more of the same from 'American Idol', and I also watched an episode of 'The Amazing Race.' I admit, I am a reality TV fiend... but only if it's good reality T.V. I'm not talking about crap like 'Who's Your Daddy?' or most of the other crap FOX comes up with, just the more established shows like 'Survivor' and 'The Apprentice'. I like watching 'Race' [and I think it might be the best one out there] because I find the way these teams of two people, whether they be friends, family members, or couples, interact with each other simply fascinating. It's always funny to see two people who are supposedly in a good and committed relationship scream at each other... you can watch that kind of thing and say to yourself "and I thought my relationship had problems" [kidding!] The whole race element of the show is pretty entertaining too, except for one issue. The producers have it set up so no one can really gain a true advantage/lead over the other teams. Often they'll set up things up so that it doesn't matter how any given team may have performed in a previous task, all the teams end up at a point where they all are group together again and on a equal playing field [example: the next task requires you to gain entrance to some location, but the location is closed by the time any of the teams arrive so they all have to wait until the next morning to get in.] The folly of human stupidity makes for some good entertainment as well. Watching other people's misfortunes and poor decision making processes is always good for a laugh.
Thursday night I just played some more Knights of the Old Republic. That's it. I actually beat it once last week, playing through as a light side follower. Right now I'm blasting through being a heartless dark side bastard. Fun!
Tonight is probably poker night [Texas Hold'em is fun!], tomorrow looks like there will be a trip to some bar in Philly, and Sunday night maybe I'll convince some people to watch the Royal Rumble. We'll see.
If I don't get to lazy this weekend I'll be back with updates! Yay!

1 Comments:
Russell, buy yourself one of those goofy flashlights with the rubber band for your head because you and i are going to join Amber and Boston Rob on "Amazing Race 7"
The reason for the stupid "hours of operation" are quite clear to the long time race fan. In season 1, the first place team crossed the finish line (in NYC I think) and the last place team was thousands of miles away. If memory serves me correctly, they were wandering around aimlessly in the Siberian tundra. They had to send a search party, including camera men and producers to tell them to go home because they sucked! Funny, but not much drama. Race to the line keeps the ratings up.
Sorry to see Jon and Victoria eliminated. You could always look forward to queing up "Race" on the Tivo to see that ass bitch slap her for doing something no more stupid than he was doing. Only bringing on the road block... they should have said.."we are a couple asses, let us through"
Also, thing 1 and thing 2 (pro-wrestlers) provided some humor. People so buff and fit that they couldn't run because they tripped over their own muscles (I have a similar problem, excapt that it is not muscle)
Lastly, the producers should rig the show so the hot girls always win!
Post a Comment
<< Home