Monday, February 14, 2005

Sayonara, Drew

I came across some unexpected news during my extended lunch today: it looks like Drew Bledsoe is going to be released by the Bills. For the most part, I'm pretty happy about this move, it is after all exactly what I asked for in one of my first posts here: the Bills are looking to their future and giving new quarterback J.P. Losman his chance to lead the team. This really is what's best for the team I think, as I'm almost positive Bledsoe could never have gotten the Bills back to the Super Bowl [and he will never beat a Bill Belichick coached team again, that I can guarantee.] So now we get to see how good Losman can be, and whether or not the Bills [and we who are their fans] will have endure another 5 year playoff drought.

So what's not to be entirely happy about? While I certainly thought that Losman should supplant Bledsoe as starter, I didn't necessarily want to see him removed from the team altogether. With Bledsoe's departure, the Bills will have to bring in a veteran QB to back him up, and it would have been nice to have Drew in that role since he has been on the team for 3 years now and knows how the offense runs, providing a role as a mentor as well as a backup. But I guess Bledsoe is too much of a prima donna to understand that his style of play as a QB is all but finished in the NFL. You can't stand around in the pocket forever anymore the way most teams run the pass rush. He thinks that he's too good to be backup? I think he's in for a rude awakening. If I had to guess, I'd say he'll end up in Dallas with his original coach, Bill Parcells. I hope he has fun playing for a guy who has an overall losing record as a coach when he doesn't have an assistant with the last name of "Belichick" on his staff. I'd be surprised if Bledsoe ends up starting 16 games next year. I will eat my Bledsoe jersey if he starts any games in 2006.

4 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I expect that another Bills player will be wearing a Super Bowl ring this year. Question is, who will Belichick dump in his quest for 4 Superbowl wins in 5 years?

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://rlrqtgiu.com/zyhv/lfzn.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://stntqdjs.com/zuiz/gbff.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://rlrqtgiu.com/zyhv/lfzn.html | http://lmmiwwcg.com/ozgm/lhdy.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home