Tuesday, July 26, 2005

2005-07-26

Feeling extremely lazy today, I flip off the alarm as soon as it goes off, then roll over and go back to sleep until 7:30. I get up, eat breakfast, shower, check e-mail get dressed and head out the door around 8:00. Traffic is light until I get off of 95 and onto 476, where traffic is gridlocked. Not wanting to sit around forever, I take the first exit before actually merging into the mess and then make a tiny bit or backwards progress to route 252, which I decide to take all the way up to King of Prussia. This proves to be a bad choice, as traffic is heavy enough along the initial 2 lane stretch of the road [up to route 30] that I don't make it up to work until 9:15.

It's another busy day at work; I do manage to take a few minutes during lunch to begin reading "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" for the first time in preparation for the movie that comes out this winter. I end up leaving work around 5:45 and traffic is again light so I get back home around 6:30.

Shannon is sleeping in bed, and I bother her for a little bit poking at her and stripping her clothes off. I inquire if she’s feeling better from yesterday, and make subtle hints about going to the gym. I don't really want to go to the gym, and apparently she either hadn't thought about it or didn't want to go her self, because we end up sitting in front of the TV to watch a TiVo'ed episode of "Hogan Knows Best". While watching the show, I heat up leftovers from yesterday for dinner.

Once we're done eating, Shannon wants to watch movie, so she pops in "The Manchurian Candidate" [the more recent version]. Before we can get the movie properly started, my dad calls asking where his money is [I inform him I collected the last of it yesterday] and I have fiddle around with our wireless router for a bit to get it working. The router has been really annoying/frustrating lately, as our connections to it seem to just drop out at least twice a day, and I have to unplug it for about 30 seconds to get it working again. Today was a bit different as I ended up having to unplug all of our routers and the cable modem for a while before the problem sorted itself out. Maybe if I switch the channel it broadcasts on, the performance will improve?

Anyhow, after I'm done with that I heat up the remainder of the shrimp I purchased Saturday night, and we start to watch the movie. It's o.k., but not great [or as good as Collateral was the other day] and eventually I decide to log into UltimateBet while I half concentrate on the movie. Eventually it ends, Shannon tells me she really liked it, especially the new twist ending [she had watched the original Sinatra version a few weeks earlier].

I continue to play poker, while watching today's episodes of “Around the Horn” and PTI. I had decided yesterday to TiVo "Around the Horn" today to give it a try, but I end up not really liking it so I remove it from the recording schedule. When PTI ends, I wrap up my poker session [I was a big winner today] and then install the Google Toolbar on my laptop and desktop, as I had discover at work today that there is now a version out for FireFox. I check my e-mail, ytmnd, and open up some torrents to begin downloading the new episode of "Entourage" and "Six Feet Under".

When I’m done on the computer, I go to get ready for bed, but Shannon needs some help before I can settle in. A box from Dell had arrived today for Shannon to send her laptop in for service, and I tell her how to remove the hard drive and advise her on what not to send in with the laptop [why send in any peripherals if you don't have to?] After that, I get back into reading The Lion... and I end up getting more than half way through the book before I call it quits around midnight. Granted, it's a pretty short book, with large type and writing geared towards kids. But the story is O.K. and I have 6 more books in the series to go after I'm done with it before I'm fished with the whole Narnia saga.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home