Friday, July 29, 2005

2005-07-29

I get up at 7:15, I eat, shower, shave, check my my e-mail and yada yada yada I'm out the door around 8:00. Traffic is light and I get in by 8:40. Lockheed let's me flex my time during the week, and I usually arrange it so I only have to work for 6 hours on Fridays. I work through lunch and head for home at 2:40.

Today I take 202 all the way home since I've got a few errands I want to run. I go to CompUSA to get a sales circular, and then over to Best Buy to pick up a copy of Half-Life 2. I used the sales circular from CompUSA to have then price match it down to $20, and the reason I buy it at Best Buy is to have points put on to my Reward Zone membership. As for why it's taken me so long to get Half-Life 2, well I've been waiting on a graphics card upgrade, which I may have taken care of today. Before heading home, I pop in and out of the Concord Mall.

I end up getting home around 4:30, and Shannon gets home at 5:30. She waits for her mom to show up, they're going to check out a country club for a possible reception site. It's getting close to 6 when they leave, so I check the status of the FedEx I've been waiting for for over a week now, and it still hasn't changed since Wednesday. So I call FedEx to make sure it's going to be delivred tonight as promised. Well, the people I talk to are of little to know help, saying it looks like it was not dispatched, that no message seems to have gotten to the dispatch to send it out tonight, that the dispatch is now closed so they can't check the status, they package may still show up tonight, and that I'll get a call in the morning with updates.

So I'm stuck at home again waiting for FedEx just in case they show up. I finish off the leftover stir fry from Monday for dinner, and watch some TV and play Pikmin 2 all night. FedEx, of course, never showed up. At some point, CHarles and James inquire about playing some poker, but we can't get enough people together to play. Shannon gets home, saying the country club was nice, but shes thinks we're going to go with Hilton, so the search for a reception hall may finally be over. Not much else happened on Friday (that I can recall, anyhow).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home