Monday, August 01, 2005

2005-08-01

I am lazy. Got off to a late start today, but I'm no worse for the wear. Is that even a valid saying? Did someone say that? Besides me? Ramble, ramble, ramble. It's going to be short and stupid today, because not much happened. Huzzah!

While at work, I sent subversive, secret communications in the form of e-mails to two parties. First, Jeff and Val, to see if they were coming in Thursday night or Friday. Val, the reliable one, replied to let me know they were indeed coming in on Thursday evening. Upon learning this, I told her of my plot to escape from work on Friday if my manager would allow it. We'll see what he says when he gets in tomorrow.

Next, I fired an e-mail off to Leo after reading the name of the porn star quoted in this week's aptly titled "Porn Star Quote of the Week" on moviepoopshoot.com [it's a movie news site, you sick bastards! what kind of pervert do you think I am?] Anyhow, if you know Leo and I well, you'll understand why that name by itself is immensely amusing.

Here are some other things I discovered while at work. I discovered that I could listen to Sirius online. Well, that’s actually a lie as I already knew that I could do this. Let's say instead that today was the first day I actually went and did it. You get all of the music channels, but virtually none of the live talk/entertainment content, which is my favorite part of Sirius so far. Hopefully this will change in the future, or at least when Howard Stern will be available for online listening when he makes his Sirius debut in January. If not, I might be screwed out of listening to the Stern show at work, which is the primary reason I got Sirius in the first place.

One other thing I found during some brief surfing of the web at work is this neat little game. See if you can figure it out!

After work, it was straight to BJ’s for gas, praying that I didn't run out along the way. I just made it, and went into BJ’s afterwards for various detergents and paper towels. Before making it home, I also stopped back at the Acme for orange juice, which I forgot to buy yesterday. I popped into Best Buy, to replace an audio cable that got severed in half during shipment and to pick up a digital-optical audio cable which Dan did not send, which is understandable since a 3' one costs $20. I think I forgot to mention that I set up/ran wires for the stereo in yesterdays entry. Well now you know. New cables in hand, I finished setting it up today.

As predicted yesterday, I did have to make a big dent in cleaning up the mess from yesterday's dinner. Even though I didn't get in the door until after 8:00, Shannon was out wedding dress shopping with Julan, so I was the first one home. She did help empty the dishwasher and load it up again when she got home though. Just about the only other thing I had time to do yesterday before going to bed was to watch PTI and then Raw after that. The end!

2 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mariposa

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mariposa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home