I was into work extra early as usual for a Thursday, but finishing up my 40 hours in 4 days kept me there for quite a while. After I got home, it was off to gym again, this time to work on legs and shoulders. Shannon stayed home, waiting for someone who needed help with a computer problem. After the gym, I came home and took a swim in the pool for a bit to relax. Shannon had been watching "Brigadoon" while I was at the gym/swimming, and when she was finished with that, I made us up a couple of plates of leftovers from the past week for dinner. We watched some PTI during dinner, and Shannon went off to read for a bit in the bedroom.
At some point I called Jeff and Val to see where they were and the plan was for tomorrow, it turns out they hadn't left Orlando yet due to some weather problems. Jeff said they might not make it up here till pretty late, and he'd give me a call in the morning.
I was feeling pretty beat, so I decided to head for bed. Shannon wasn't feeling so well again, so I cleared out to the couch to give her some space to relax for the night. Not being able to fall asleep, I started reading "Prince Caspian" again. Before finally going to sleep, Shannon came out and told me to sleep in the bedroom with her tonight, which I ended up doing, but not before finishing "Prince Caspian".
I thought "Caspian" was a bit better than "Lion", but I had similar problems with it in that the writing is definitely geared towards kids, and the stories seem to end abruptly. The whole book builds towards a climax that happens really quickly over the course of about 5 pages. Oh well, 2 down in Narnia, 5 to go.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home