2005-08-05
Having already worked 40 hours this week [all thanks to flex time], today I had a day off from work. The plan was to be up early to go with Jeff and Val up to Philly to do some running around, but it sounded like they weren't going to get in until very late last night. I still get up early [for a day off] and spend some time cleaning the apartment [in case Jeff and Val stay here]. I also take some time to bag and board the previous month's haul of comics, which is actually a pretty time consuming [and annoying] activity if you let it go for too long [which I tend to do]. I also try to organize some of the paper mess that's on my desk, and I begin to sort through 150+ old e-mails that I haven’t gotten around to reading over the past few months. The bulk of the e-mails are things I send myself from work to check out at home. A few links from these e-mails are interesting enough to warrant inclusion on my links page. My links page can be found at beastard.com, and basically serves as my home page for surfing the web. I end up fixing a few older links and adding some new ones.
While I'm focused on doing computer related nonsense, I also remember that it's about time to start soliciting people to join up for the annual NFL suicide pool. So I go through my e-mail addresses and compile a list of people to send invitations out to and then set up a league on Yahoo. The basic idea behind the pool is that every week during the NFL season, you pick one team that you think is going to win their game for that week. If you pick right, you advance, if not, you're out. What makes it progressively more difficult is that you can only pick a team to win once during the entire season, so things can get tricky as you use up the better teams.
I eventually hear from Jeff around noon time, and he, Val and James pick me up and we head up to Philly shortly thereafter. We stop at the
Back home, we meet up with

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home