Saturday, August 06, 2005

2005-08-06

Shannon gets up early to go down to Newark to see about a wedding photographer, and I end up sleeping in for a bit. Once I finally get out of bed, its back to the computer to finish off going through my backlog of e-mails. When I finally finish with that, it's time to head out and take care of some errands. First I stop and get a hair cut. It's actually more of a head shave, as I just get a buzz cut. Since my hair has noticeably started to thin, I feel that there's really no point in doing anything fancy with it anymore, not that I ever really did anything fancy with it in the first place. After that, I head over to Best Buy to exchange the digital optical cable I bought earlier this week for Dan's stereo. It was only working half of the time, either because it was defective or because FedEx fucked up the stereo itself during shipping. It's a $20 cable, so I took the chance that it might have been the cable and exchanged it. I make a stop by the comic store to pick up this week's haul and then head to New Castle for some "cheap" gas before going home.

It's now late afternoon and Shannon has returned home, and not much goes on for a while as we loaf around watching TV or reading. It gets to be evening when Shannon mentions that we haven't heard from Jeff or Val about going out for Val's birthday, but I'm not quick to make any kind of attempt to contact them. Partly because I feel that if they want to go out, they'll call when they're ready, and partly because money has become so tight lately, I'm not sure I want to go out and drop a ton of money up in Philly tonight. Shannon correctly nails me for not being too motivated to see Jeff and Val again because I spent all day with them yesterday, and I tell her if she wants to see them so badly to call them herself. We bicker about this for a while; Shannon ends up only texting them once, to which they reply that they're headed up to Philly. That was the last we heard of them all night.

Eventually, tempers calm down and we watch a little bit of TV [Iron Chef America, "Nothing to Lose"] before we head off to bed.

I felt bad that I wasn't more motivated to go out, but money is quickly becoming a real concern. I have had a promotion pending at work for a while that has yet come through, and my student loan payments are on the rise. Also on the rise are gas prices, which take a big toll on my wallet as I drive 300+ miles every week and fill up twice on average. It doesn't seem to matter that I've tried to curb all spending except for comics, and I actually spent a great deal of the day thinking about how/where I could mange to find some part time work. As things stand right now, I've depleted my savings and am not able to start saving again... Things are not looking bright for the immediate future as I have 2 weddings in addition to our own to save for. I know things will work out, somehow, but it’s not going to be easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home