Sunday, August 07, 2005

2005-08-07

We actually manage to get up early enough to go to church this week, so we head on over to Saint Catherine's for the 11:00 mass. After that, I drive over to the Concord Mall so I can walk around with Shannon in Boscov's to look at things to put on our wedding registry. We wander around for a bit, then head over to Strawbridge's, where I make some comments about not being into the whole registering for gifts thing. This upsets Shannon, who is deep into all of the tradition surrounding our upcoming wedding. Matters are not helped when we are later walking around Bed Bath and Beyond and see another couple happily wandering around registering for their wedding. Now I don't know if I'm just a complete asshole, but I just can't get enthused about registering for gifts. From my point of view, we have everything we need already so there's nothing I'm interested in registering for. I'm not saying that Shannon is wrong to want to register for stuff; she has a point in that if people want to give us gifts, we may as well throw some ideas their way. But if I can't think of as much stuff as she does, I don't think that should be held against me. Blah, I'm rambling now, and probably getting myself into trouble. Let's move along.

I drop Shannon off at home, and then head to Acme to get groceries. On the way home, I pick up some Chinese food for lunch. We eat, and then watch some TV for a bit and I end up passing out and napping on the couch for a while. Not much else goes on during the rest of the day, I end up making us some burritos/tacos for dinner, and we catch up on three episodes of "Six Feet Under" that I had downloaded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home