Thursday, August 18, 2005

2005-08-08 thru 17: Time Lapse

So I got lazy again. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Let's play some quick catch up:

  • Weekdays have been pretty much the same, go to work, come home, watch some TV, go to sleep. The only that's really been any different is how busy I've been at work, as I've been spending some abnormally longer hours there in an effort to get a particular project completed. There is some upside to this, as by the time I leave work today, I will have already worked 40 hours, so I'll take tomorrow off.
  • Last weekend's activities of note: on Saturday8/13 we hosted a dinner party. It started out as a girl's night kind of deal, but plans changed when one of Shannon's friends [friend A] wanted hook up another friend of Shannon's [B] with a guy friend of theirs [C]. So I was recruited along with another fiancée to attend the gathering so that friend C was not the only person at the party. We had some pretty good home made Mexican themed food stuffs, and I got Megan Reilly totally and utterly trashed on vanilla rum and cokes. Good times.
    The following Sunday night, we hosted people at the apartment again, this time for a poker game. It had been a while since I played socially, and I haven't been on UltimateBet for a while, so it was nice to actually get to play. I ended up playing pretty well and finished tied for the money lead that night [I made $16, yay!]
  • After a good week of going to the gym [the last week I blogged every day], I have not been back. Stupid long hours at work, making me too tired to go when I get home. Not much of an excuse, I know.
  • What's up with gas prices? I hate George Bush. It's all his fault, it has to be. When was the last time gas prices doubled over the span of a year? Having to fill up once every 4-5 days is putting a hurting on my wallet.
  • I'm still toying with the idea of finding part time work outside of Lockheed, but have not made any serious steps towards actually doing so. I may hold out and wait until the end of September to see how big my annual merit increase is. Still no word on my ever-pending promotion.
  • I'm still playing Pikmin 2. One final boss to go and I'll be finished with main part of the game. It's been fun, but I don't know if I'll have the patience to do the "challenge mode" of the game just so I can say I completed it 100%.
  • Shannon and I watched 'Saw' the other night on DVD. It was OK, a somewhat different concept from the usual horror film stuff. It didn't really live up to the hype for me though, which has been the case for a few of the movies I am now seeing on DVD because I didn't catch them in the theatre. Yes, Shaun of the Dead, I'm talking about you.
  • • As for what I'm currently reading, I'm in the Middle of another Narnia book, 'Voyage of the Dawn Treader'. So far, so good, we'll see if ends up like the previous books in the series so far: a whole lot of set up for not a lot of ending. Also just finished the final Sin City book, 'Hell and Back'. Excellent stuff. I highly recommend buying all of the Sin City graphic novels [there are 7 total] and also seeing the movie, which was released on DVD this week. It's the most faithful adaptation I've ever seen of any printed medium into a movie ever.

That's all for now. Daily blogging may or may not return. Stay tuned, if you dare.

2 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's RILEY! RILEY i say!

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger bastardface said...

spam in your comments, or do you just have some really uninteresting friends? or is it an inside joke?

I heard there's some great overacting in Saw .. though it'd be hard to beat Michael Madsen's performance in Sin City. "Give it a rest, Hardigan .. you're pushing 60, and you got a bum ticker. Think of your wife!" Great stuff, I loved that movie. I brought my friend Indri and 2 of her friends to see it in Singapore. It's even better with Chinese subtitles!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home