Howard Stern's End, Weekend Debauchery
For those of you who didn't already know, Howard Stern made his last "terrestrial" radio broadcast last Friday morning. I was slightly disappointed with the show; it kind of felt like it went out with a whimper instead of a bang. I honestly don't know exactly what I was expecting be honest, since he's not going away forever, but surely they could have made the whole thing more of an event than just having people make speeches for a an hour or two. I particularly thought Stern's speech itself was the worst of them all, he kept rambling on about being the "last of a dying breed". It seems that he is at his best when he is being spontaneous and working from prepared material. Anyhow, I've got my Sirius satellite radio, so I'll follow him over there for about a year to see how it goes. I don't have any real reason to think that I'll stop enjoying the show, but I could run into difficulties in actually being able to listen to the entire show as I'm accustomed to. Satellite radio receivers are prohibited in classified areas here at work, and to date Stern's channels are not available on Sirius' online interface. It seems my only hope is that his channel will be added to the online broadcast lineup. If that doesn't happen, I'll probably just drop the service when my subscription runs out.
I was in Buffalo over the weekend for my soon-to-be-brother-in-law David's bachelor festivities. Lots of fun was had. About 30 of us attended the first half of the Bills game [ugh, they suck], then went to a gentleman's establishment until about 4 in the morning. Bars close late in New York. Some memorable highlights include: after meeting up with the rest of the party at halftime on the limo bus as agreed upon, we all had to wait another 45 minutes for one guy who went missing, this same gentleman was so drunk before the game that he lost his ticket. He somehow managed to buy another ticket and forgot what time we were all supposed to meet up. If you've been to a gentleman's club in Canada, you'll know that they are superior in many ways when compared to clubs in the States. Well, our bus was stopped at the border on our way up north, our IDs were collected, and we had to wait about an hour or so while they checked into everyone's background before being turned around and sent back into the States. It turn out about 4 of our party were felons [DWI], and Canada doesn't let felons in. Finally, there was the unusual behavior of my brother Guy. I don't think I've ever seen him get so drunk, and he was a happy drunk as he claimed he would be, at first... Then he got angry. There was some jackass friend of a friend of David's who was acting like a complete ass at the club, he was pulled off stage a few times, and I was pretty sure he was going to be thrown out. Earlier in the night, he broke a piggy bank on his face that people were supposed to be putting donations for David in, too. Well this didn't sit too well with my inebriated younger brother. He kept rambling and repeating on how much he'd like to kick the guy's ass on the bus ride home. We tried to calm him down, pointing out that no one else really seemed to care, but he just wouldn't let it go. It was one of the oddest things I ever seen.

2 Comments:
Sounds like a good time was had by all ???? at David's bachelor bash. And just think, Guy will be in charge of Russell's bachelor bash - YIKES!
if I'd been there I would've been like, "come on Guy, let's kick all their asses. We can do it."
Post a Comment
<< Home