2005-08-18 thru 24: Week in Review
It's not so much laziness this time around that has kept me from blogging this time around as it's business. Work has been non-stop, and as Dan can attest to, it's just easier [and more fun?] to blog from work.
Picking up from my last post: I did indeed get enough hours in on Thursday to take off on Friday. Boy, did I ever get enough hours. A last minute conference call led to me staying at work for a total of 13 hours on Thursday... I ended up with a couple of hours of overtime logged by the time I left. The icing on the cake was the horrendous traffic I ran into on the Blue Route on the way home [they are actively doing construction that late at night]. With commute, my work day started at 5:00 am and ended at 8:30 pm. Totally sucked.
Friday was OK. I met up with Tom for lunch [we got cheese steaks from Claymont Steak Shop] and caught up with him for a little bit on his return to academia and how it was going now that he's moved in with Betsy and Ethan.
Friday night, Shannon and I attended this marketing thing for engaged couples, where they sell you on stuff for about 2 hours, and if you manage to sit through it all you get a free vacation. Now there's no obligation to buy anything to get the free vacation, but we ended up buying what they were selling anyhow, which was this pretty nifty cookware that has all of these health benefits. It's allegedly high quality stuff, and it had better be as we're going to shell out a couple grand over 2 years for a 7 piece set of the stuff [lids are individual pieces]. On the bright side, the stuff comes with a 50 year warranty, we got an addition free cruise vacation for buying something, and Shannon got a free set of expensive knives.
The rest of Friday, Saturday and most of Sunday were spent at Shannon's parents, where we stayed to watch her sisters for the weekend. Shannon's parents were hosting people on their boat for the weekend. The people they were hosting had won days on the boat Shannon’s parents had donated to some charity auctions earlier in the year. Not much went on over the weekend, the girls were pretty well behaved for the most part, and I watched a lot of TV and generally did nothing. A few movies I caught on TV were 'Top Gun', 'Ransom', and a bit of 'Starship Troopers' before falling asleep one night ["Zagema beach!"].
I had to bail on Shannon's parents' by Sunday afternoon though, leaving Shannon there alone, because my allergies to their damned cat [and probably dog] just knocked the shit out of me. Back at home, I slept a lot and finally beat Pikmin 2.
Not much else outside of my normal routine has happened since the weekend, my work schedule has returned to normal for now. On Tuesday night, we watched 'Spanglish', which was OK... they kind of leave you hanging on a plotline at the end of the movie, but I guess that might OK if you say that that particular plotline is not supposed to be the focus of the movie.
Wednesday night Shannon was out all night helping her friend Becca dye her hair, so I opted to watch the latest WWE PPV "Summerslam", which kind of sucked. I need to break my habit of watching wrestling, because that’s pretty much all it is now, a habit. The way WWE books matches and the storylines they come up with just aren't entertaining anymore.
One final note: It seems that I was somehow spammed in my comments. Take a look at my last post to see. I'll keep that one there for posterity, but all future spam will be removed. Those spamming assholes are everywhere...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home